Warehouse No. 4
"The world is either a better place or a worse place because you are in it; no one has a neutral influence." -RDW
Thursday, July 21, 2005
Fun In The Sun At The San Diego Zoo




















Here are some pictures from the San Diego Zoo. We did a lot of walking around to see animals that weren't all that interested to see us, as you can tell from some of the pictures. I think it most have been nap time. The rhinoceros on the other hand was quite the sight. I could easily imagine what it might have felt like to stand next to a dinosour. This particular animal was bigger than a minivan. The picture really doesn't do him/her justice.

As to the rumor that the San Diego Zoo is the zoo you just have to see...well...if you have been to one good zoo, I think you have probably been to them all. It was neat, but I have seen caged sleeping animals before.
posted by Rickie @ 5:46 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At 4:30 PM, Blogger Micah Fries said…

    Ok, I have to disagree with you Rickie. I've been to San Diego, although I was small and don't remember it but I'm told it's great. I've been to the Smithsonian Zoo in D.C. and it is really good as well. However, the Omaha Zoo in Omaha, NE was voted by Reader's Digest as the #1 zoo in America. It's only 2 hours from us so we've gone a couple of times and it is miles beyond any other zoo out there. It's amazing!

     
  • At 1:42 PM, Blogger Rickie said…

    ^Sorry Micha, I am unimpressed by sleeping animals or tamed caged ones. I think perhaps a Safari in Africa might be more the ticket (of course, I don't want to hunt, just watch). I'll leave the killing to Dr Patterson. Well, as far as San Diego goes...the zoo in Gulf Breeze (just 2 hours from Graceville), though not as large, has equally impressive sleeping animals such as lions and tigers and bears...oh my! The San Diego Zoo also has a wild animal park aside from the zoo. The Wild animal park uses glass to seperate you and the animals, I hear it is much better than the main zoo. We unfortunatley didn't choose to visit it.

     
  • At 11:17 AM, Blogger Michael Rogers said…

    you mean they didn't bust out the chair and whip and make the animals entertain you?

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Rickie
Home: United States
About Me: I am currently working on a Master of Arts in Apologetics. This site is intended to stimulate discussion, as well as, inform. I welcome differing opinions, especially opposing views that engage me intellectually and challenge me to think in new ways. I may continue to disagree with you, but I welcome the dialogue. The beautiful woman in the picture with me is my wife. I personally think I married one of the most giving and beautiful women in all the world, an opinion that is not open for debate.
See my complete profile
Manuals
Receiving
Inventory
Shoutbox

Jesus wants a child's heart and a grown-up's head. ~C.S. Lewis

Warehouses
Powered by

15n41n1

BLOGGER